Re: frogs, now snakes

A friend in college had one in the dorm.  It was a 5 foot snake of  some
sort.  I loved the feel of it.  As long as it was well fed, it  was a great pet.
When hungry though, it would go after any living thing it  could fit in it's
mouth.  Doubt they are much danger to an adult, but I  would not trust one
around any of my pets or a small toddler....if it's  hungry.

On CNN they showed a Python having a tussle with an alligator,   the
alligator got eaten by the Python.  (Apparently this picture was posted  on the
Internet a lot.....I never saw it.)  The expert on the show stated  that a tussle
such as the one depicted does happen...and it is not always  the Python that
wins, it depends upon the size...whoever is bigger, faster and  stronger wins.
They said that these pythons have eaten several house  pets (dogs, cats, etc.)
in Florida, going into neighborhoods looking for  food sources.
_http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0603_040603_invasivespecies.h
tml_
(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2004/06/0603_040603_invasivespecies.html)
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/12/2006 6:38:43 PM Central Standard Time,