Beautiful weather

We are having incredibly beautiful weather.  It's almost scary.  Last
night the temperature dropped to 53 degrees, and today it hasn't been
over 75 - and all with clear skies, brilliant sunshine, and low humidity.
All this has occurred without any of the usual storms that usually
accompany such a change.  In fact, it's quite dry - we really need a
good rain.
The icing on the cake was a cruise on the Hudson for members of
Constitution Island Association  - from West Point up to the Newburg-
Beacon bridge and back - about three hours ending just at sunset.
The Hudson is beautiful at any time, but with this weather it was
just incredible.  That stretch of the Hudson, through the Highlands
has to be one of the loveliest spots on earth.
The security getting onto West Point was impressive - and slow.
They checked drivers licenses, under the hood, in the trunk and
through stuff in the back seat.  I fully understand why that was
necessary, but it is really sad. Here we are blessed with this great
natural beauty, but a relatively small number of evil people can
create all this fear. But once there, it was a great evening.