polianthes, echium

Here I've been repeating to people what I've read from experts, only to prove myself wrong. Bryan, considered to be one of the top bulb experts wrote that Polianthes tuberosa, Tuberose blooms every other year. Mine bloomed last year in its pot after receiving the bulb via mailorder that spring. I kept the pot in the garage overwinter and planted it in my tenders bed this year. Well, I have been accused of being unobservant, but how I could miss this 4 foot spike right out in the front bed, I don't know, but whoa! there it is. It is mustering all its energy for another fragrant bloom.

Then there's the Echium. It is in its second year too. Last year it created a nice thick rosette in a pot but no bloom. The exact species is in doubt. I bought it in a 3 inch pot via mailorder listed as E. russicum (I think) thinking it was E. rubrum (or vice-versa). Anyway, I beleived after growing it that it was the biennial, so its pot also went in the garage and it too got planted in the tenders bed this year. This puppy is getting huge and thick, but still no sign of a flower. Do you think I should try overwintering it again or just give up?

The Galtonia are just finishing their bloom and the Ligularia just started theirs last week. It's been a good season for always having something in bloom. Now I'm on my way out to deadhead.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5