Re: hort.net moving?

I guess there were other things to answer, but I got caught up in the
surprise of you wanting to move.

> I rather doubt anyone is going to sponser a site unless there is a
> specific gain for that company. Most already have pictures, or could
> easily for a small fee get them. Basically, if they are not selling the
> plant- why would they want someone looking at something they would buy
> elsewhere...

If each page had a link to their site and said 'sponsored by', they'd
get advertising year-round on a site with 1.2 million hits per month.

> hort gallery has been your project and life goal for many years. Look at
> someone like ipower.com - for 6.95 a month you can keep your dream
> alive. Depending on the bandwith it uses, maybe 11.95 Simple costs that
> would be easy to bare.

Unfortunately, they don't offer many of the options that I need.  :(
The $200/month colocated server works fine because that's pretty much
covered by the Google ads, so money wouldn't be an option if I moved.

I'm trying to think of ways to keep the current setup by having more money
come in.

Chris