Re: hort.net moving?

Focus Groups are great, but they also flood the system with ads that
promote what they want to sell. I believe I just read somewhere that
Proven winners is coming out with 500 new plants which will bleed into
the markets within the next two years.. sigh. how do you make choices
and worse yet, why are they coming out with that many.... flooding the
market is gonna be a killer to many. I will say, they do know how to
advertise their featured plants...

My local nursery does listen to what the customers want. If I leave my
list of what I am looking for, he seems to get them. I am sure he is
basing that on how many people are looking for a certain plant, not just
me. Speaking of which, tomorrow night he is having one of his 'evening
on the Prairie' events for the regular customers. Besides the sale, he
is advertising entertainment and refreshments. He has some speakers with
limited time so you don't get bored. A special thank You from the owner,
hardscapes to create Outdoor rooms, Illuninate your outdoor rooms, time
with representatives to answer specific questions and an night tour of
the Ruins Gardens. Should be interesting if he does what he usually
does.

Anyone got a specific question for the reps?

Donna