Re: back to gardening.....

Donna.....your point is???   Sure sounds like a normal year to  me.  LOL   We
always have weather changes on an instant,  things always bloom at odd times,
and flop over. Plants will go through two  or three cycles during a year.
Spring bloomers often bloom again  in the fall, especially after a bit of cooler
weather, and then heat  again.   The deciduous trees are regulated by
shortness of day,  not temp....so even when it is 98 degrees...if it's fall the
leaves change color and drop.  Things can often look stressed....either  from too
much water, not enough, or too much heat.  Just depends what we  had too much
of.   LOL  After a while it perks up  again.   Other than that, we have a ton
of butterflies, ton of dragon  flies, lots of hummers and birds, and clear
ponds.  Not sure why that  is.....often wondered.  Especially after a good
thunderstorm, and then the  sun comes out......clearest pond you can ask for.

There was an article in our paper not too long ago.  The column is  called
Lazy Gardener.  She wrote about how people in the south are more  relaxed about
gardening.  She was so excited to have her sister come visit  from up north.
She was thrilled that her garden was in full bloom.....but  instead of
noticing the blooms and the lush growth, she noticed that things were  not "perfect",
the plants had caterpillar damage, some had droopy foliage, and  others
leaned.   Such is life of gardens here......but as long as it  blooms up a storm
and attracts lots of birds, butterflies, etc. we are  happy.  You learn quick to
give up on having it look "perfect" and just  enjoy.

Welcome to our world.....
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/15/2006 11:03:02 AM Central Standard Time,