RE: back to gardening....

We've had similar experience here...timing is off and some species want to
bloom again...my yellow and red twig dogwoods are putting out late blooms,
as is my laurel.  The twice-bearing raspberries didn't fruit in June and
are covered now.  My spring garden cabbage family plants that I let seed
have put up seedlings everywhere, only to be eaten by bugs and yellowed by
heat.  Maybe the PDN's cover greenhouse needed to be labeled "Earth".  I
also noticed on the BBC that songbirds are disappearing in England.  I fill
as though I need to relearn everything I knew.

Did attend an interesting two-day workshop on water in landscapes.  The
sections on rain and roof gardening were especially interesting, as was the
section on the amount of rock being removed by the ton from TN (untaxed but
with counties hurting for $$$.  Seems Europe and Seattle are ahead of us
all.

No happy medium, always severe, always instant changes.

> My wisteria is blooming for the THIRD time this year?  Currently doing it
again- this is August.

> One of my honeysuckle is seeding... I dont' ever remember it doing that!
>
> Timing is way off for blooming on most plants. Somethings should be done
> and still plugging along, others bloom for a day and are gone. Every
> tree looks stressed, some are seeding at unreal amounts, others are
> turning fall colors. fruit trees that did produce had a bumper crop, but
> the fruit didn't mature right. Was a couple weeks away from being ready
> to pick (did take a couple samples just incase) but rotted before
> maturing..... Plants are floppying over.. they never do that here.
>

> Birds... there are a zillion of them in the yard. Those darn black birds
> are back and attempting to eat me out of house and home and keeping my
> singing birds at bay. I have always had a few hummers come thru, but the
> other morning there had to be a couple dozen. I have never seen that
> many here before at least at one time. Guessing they are flying together
> on their way somewhere. Doesn't seem like it is the right time for
> them... they should have been here earlier.
>

> Some critter ate a whole in the top of the bird seed garbage can (where
> I store the bags of seed). Huge hole and devored almost all of the
> seed.. someone is going to have a belly ache today after eating close to
> 30 gallons of seed... LOL!
>

> My pond is the clearest it has ever been and I would have thought with
the flex of weather I would have had issues.