Re: Ummm...

Went to  early church, came home and made tabbolleh (sp?)  to take
to a garden club luncheon in Connecticut.  One of our members has
sold  her 10-acre multi-million home in Westchester County because
they said they couldn't afford the taxes.  We have all been giggling
about this since the announcement in February.  They have bought
a place in Connecticut - come on now, Fairfield County, Ct., is less
expensive than Westchester?  Anyway they have only about six
acres in Ct., and a somewhat smaller house.  The house needed
great renovations, so the poor dears had to live from February until
last month in the guest house on the property, and obviously spent
a lot more than their annual tax bill on the work. The point of all this
is that this couple have entertained our club every year of its
existance - 16 years - in August, and  they were determined to
do so again this year.  It was about a two-hour drive from here, but
the club turned out - we were all curious to see this place.  It is
a great change from their previous place, and promises to be a more
interesting place than what they had.  This person is a great
horticulturist, but a total control freak.  She is planning to cut down
a large maple tree in their patio because she can't stand the mess
from the samaras.  Just last week they had a bulldozer come to
clean out the yellow flag irises that the previous owner had growing
around the pond.  These are wild things and totally unacceptable.
Some people just can't appreciate natural beauty.  This is a good
person but she makes herself unhappy because things are not
perfect.  How much happier she would be if she could see the
beauty in natural variations.  Oh well, we're all not perfect.