To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: Allergies [Re: [CHAT] Ummm...]

According to the wunderground pollen library:

Genus Level Details: Chenopods (Chenopods)
Can also be known as: pigweed, goosefootChenopods (Chenopods) is a
        genus of the Family.

Plant Details: The term chenopods is used to represent members
of the Chenopodiaceae and Amaranthaceae families. The pollen grains of
these two families are so similar that they are impossible to
differentiate between species, even by trained technicians, so they are
listed collectively as "chenopods". Some of the plants found in these
families include amaranth, pigweed, waterhemp, russian thistle, lamb's
quarters, and kochia. These plants are found throughout the United
States and flower typically in the summer and fall. The pollen of these
families can be highly allergenic and is a cause of concern to allergic
individuals.