Re: Mystery plants

> Mystery plants
> My sister sent me more pics of plants in her garden (near Boston) that she doesn't know what they are.  Any ideas??
> http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tchessie/album?.dir=/320dscd&.src=ph&.tok=ph2V7YFBRIHhF6yg

Hi Theresa,

Here are my guesses:

   1.  This one's tough.  Is it a vine?  If so, Actinidia arguta
   2.  A Nepeta of some sort.  It's tough without scale, but maybe Nepeta
   3.  ???  Looks like it's in Ericaceae, but I kill anything ericaceous here
   4.  Salvia?  Scrophularia?  Penstemon?  I can't even tell if the stems
       are square or not.  :(
   5.  Obviously a phlox, but I don't know which one.  It makes me think
       of Phlox carolina 'Bill Baker', but this is late for it to be
   6.  Clethra alnifolia
   7.  ???
   8.  Ostrya virginiana

I'm not sure how much these help.  :)  Are there larger versions of the
photos anywhere?