From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chris Petersen
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:10 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] birthdays, berries and hoses

Best wishes from me too, Kitty!

Berries- Here I am reading my messages with a bowl of blueberries and
yougart! My pet rat loves blueberries too!

Soaker hoses- I've used some duck tape on a soaker hose that need repair.
Actually worked!

Rain- We finally got a really good downpour yesterday. I know, because I was
out in it! I went to a favorite nursery because they were having some end of
the season sales. I wore my slicker and carried an umbrella, but as usual my
shorts got soaked. I love my rubber gardening shoes! I looked a bit
ridiculous (to any non-gardener, that is), but my feet stayed dry as I
sloshed through mud and puddles. I bought a few nice, but inexpensive,
glazed pots and a few annuals to try as houseplants as well as some
perennials. I also bought a small Cryptomeria japonica 'Black Dragon'
(Japanese cedar). It won't get too tall (about 8'-10') and gets those dainty
little pine cones. Now I have to figure out where to plant it!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)

chris@widom-assoc.com