Re: now west nile, was fire

I look at West Nile like I look at most dangers in this life: "You make your choices, and you take your chances." (I like to believe that I make educated choices.) There is a lot of it around here, too, but I probably stand a greater chance of being shot by some hotrod novice hunter or squished by a runaway combine. I simply do not worry about those things over which I have no control.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] now west nile, was fire

Speaking of West Nile.... I am a bit concerned about it.

Heard on the news that an elderly man who lives less than 10 miles from
me died from it last week. I then found out it was a driver who happens
to come into our store on a regular basis. That was upseting as he was a
nice retired guy who worked part time to make ends meet and have
something to do....

So I am thinking, crap, I am in alot of the same areas he was. Although
I don't have many mosquitos in my yard (not sure why, everyone else
does- birds pond?) weird but, I do in my veggie garden.

I CAN'T use bug spray as it causes an asthma attack for me. I about had
one when the village decided to spray off the back of a truck - who
knows what they were spraying and the village hasn't gotten back to me,
Yes I did inquire as I was worried about my veggie garden and pond. Of
course, no one knows nothing... sigh. It was approved by the county, as
they are doing all the towns around here. So I am thinking there is more
around here then they are letting on too.....

Donna