Re: OT: Bragging

Cherry-Raspberry Jam: zip
Hmm, that sounds like something to which I would definitely award a prize. congrats on the rest though Cyndi!

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2006 10:53 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OT: Bragging

We went to the opening day of the fair to see how my entries did. Not too
Peach-Lavender Jam: Best of Division
Salsa: 1st place
Peach Jam: 2nd place
Pomegranate Jelly: 2nd place
Apricot/Date Chutney: 2nd place
Jalapeno Jelly: 2nd place
Cherry Jam: Honorable mention
Cherry-Raspberry Jam: zip
Bell Peppers: 1st place
Anaheim peppers: 1st place
Jalapeno peppers: 1st place
Okra: 2nd place
Eggplant: 2nd place

I've done better in the past with preserved foods but I'm pleased enough, it
means I got at least a ribbon on everything but one item. I also met the woman
who's been kicking my butt the last couple years in preserved foods and we had
a nice chat. I discovered my suspicions were correct: her kids are all out to
college and she's got plenty of time for her new hobby; she said she entered
90 items (NINETY) in the Los Angeles County Fair this year. Now, that's a lot
of work!
Anyway it was fun, we'll go back a few times next week to some concerts, eat
more junk food, and spend more time looking at the other handicrafts on