From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net on behalf of Cersgarden@aol.com
Sent: Sun 8/27/2006 5:45 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT: Bragging

Congratulations, Cyndi!   Does your fair pay nice premiums for food winners?
 Ia St Fair food division is huge and pays nicely unlike winning with a
quilt.   I rcd a 3rd for my quilt entry this yr.
     Ceres

Alas, no big money for the home arts winners. I usually get back a little more than I pay in entry fees though.
The big money comes for the livestock grand champions. There's an
auction at the end where all the livestock in competition is sold. Local
companies team up and bid lots of money for the grand champions - some
of those 4H and FFA kids have made tens of thousands on their steers or
lambs.

Cyndi