From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Christopher P. Lindsey
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 10:02 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Identification help?

> Your white coneflower looks like my "Echinacea 'White Swan,'" Vera.

I don't know how I missed that there was a summer page too!  Lots of plants
I didn't see in there.  :)

Bonnie, I'm thinking that the coneflower might actually by 'Cygnet White'
instead of 'White Swan'.  'White Swan' is supposed to have a green pyramidal
center, whereas 'Cygnet White' has a flat, golden-orange center that's more
like a button.

I'm also thinking that the bee balm might just be a straight species of
Monarda fistulosa, but it's hard to tell.

The turtlehead is probably Chelone obliqua.

I should have included everyone's disclaimer about daylilies; I just meant
that if I *had* to guess, those would be my picks.  :)

It looks like you have a lot of nice stuff in your garden, Vera!

Chris (who's still half-asleep and wonders how much it shows in this email)