RE: now creative borders was- Identification help?

Donna, aren't decking boards treated to withstand the elements?  If so, I
think there are some connectors you can use to turn them into "raised bed"
borders.  They can be painted, if that would help spruce up the area, but I
wouldn't plant anything snug against them, but a few inches away ought to be
just fine.  Just turn them on their side, rather than flat, and bury them
shallowly, if you don't use connectors to stack them and give them height.

If you don't like that, you can probably cut them different heights and line
them up side by side (buried a few inches into the dirt) to make a border of
varying heights like you see done with landscaping timbers (only flatter
;>).  In any case it is worth trying to use them with that much of area to
protect.  If they are at least a few inches above and below ground, it will
help keep grass and other creepers from going over or under into the beds.
Another possible approach would be to sit some into the dirt to keep weed
and grass seed out of the bed, but place a horizontal board touching the
border, sunk ground level, for Alan to drive over as he cuts grass and he
shouldn't have to do so much edging.  It would be something like  -|  in and
on the ground.  (My DH much prefers not to have to do much edging with the
little spare time he has after work, school, church and family activities.)

Hopefully others will also have some suggestions, too.

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)