Re: waiting for Ernesto.....Barbados Cherry

LOL, Jim.   So you really think they are tasty???  Perhaps  since you eat so
many on a regular basis, it is an aquired taste????    My mom eats (or tries)
just about anything....and usually likes  everything....but even she didn't
like the fruit.   I usually let the  birds have mine.
They seem to enjoy it quite a bit.

No fruit again on the Feijoa (Pineapple guava) although it bloomed for the
longest time this year.  I thought I read  that it didn't need a  second tree.
No shortage of pollinators either.
Any thoughts??

Speaking of Bamboo palm......I can't get mine to thicken out.  I've  had it
for years, and it still only has a few stems.  Several others have  it, and it
is a thick nice clump.  What am I doing wrong??  I even  moved it thinking it
would like it better in an area not so crowded with more  sun.

Cold front blew into Texas.....gave Pam some much needed rain, but  disipated
before it made it here.  Did drop the night time temps to the low  70's so
should jump start the bloom season again.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/29/2006 11:02:32 PM Central Standard Time,