New plants...

I've been waiting until the nursery where my daughter bought my gift
certificate for my birthday had a sale, so today I came home with
Caryopteris 'Snow Fairy,' Sedum 'Pink Chablis' and Veronica austriaca
'Trehane.'  Does anyone have any experience/advice with any of these?

I want to make sure I place these just right.  The Caryopteris 'Snow Fairy'
has striking foliage and the pictures I see on the web for its flowers are
quite different from "Blue Mist" that I already have.  The 1 gallon pot that
I have of it is not showing any sign of bloom.  How old does one need to be
to bloom?  My other Caryopteris has been in bloom for two or three weeks now
and still growing strong.

I asked this very "reputable" nursery whether the crape myrtle they had was
hardy to zone 5 and the one worker gave a flip "if we sell it, it will grow
here" answer.  I knew that wasn't true by a number of other plants in their
stock and was rather frustrated a zone rating wasn't given for Zuni.  (Wish
I had a laptop for such occasions.)  In any case, I talked one of the
register folks into trying to look it up, but she really had no clue.  She
finally called in a manager who had some horticulture training who tried to
tell me that I could grow zone 6 items in my yard and I told him that I'd
lost too many to believe that when he finally conceded that there were a
number of places in the Miami Valley that were strictly zone 5 and that the
crape myrtle I was looking at was among those that were really zone 6.  Why
on earth couldn't they just tell me its zone up front?  I think that
approach will lose them more business than they will get.

Thanks for your help!

Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5)