From: james singer
<islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: Garden Chat <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday,
August 10, 2007 11:40:24 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Local lotus

The lotus in the
local library's retention pond is blooming. My
problem, no longer being
terribly agile, was/is getting close enough to
the blooms to get a really
good picture. For this one, I'd walked out
as far as I could on the tops of
cypress knees that more-or-less define
the margin between swamp and upland.
It must have been a spectacle to