Re: Local lotus

I think N. lutea is classified that way (any lotus, for that matter)
is that if planted in an earth-bottom pond, it will massively spread
by tubering. It took us three years to remove N. nucifera from our
pond (I warned DH....). I have confined my seedlings in a feed tub,
and if they all survive, some will go into the Mississippi backwaters
where they are native.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b