To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 7:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Rain... again

I hope you are finding your classes interesting...congratulations on being
so close to completion.  If I had it to do over, that's what I would work
on.

Also, hope your dog is doing better.  What in the world happened to his
eye?  I recently nursed our little terrier after she took on more that she
could handle...a few more inches and I don't think she would have survived.
It does take up a lot of time when they are hurting but they do seem
appreciative.

We are also having very high temperatures with high humidity but no rain.
The dogs have moved in to enjoy the air conditioning.  I recently read a
report of a dissertation  by a U of Arizona graduate student who has been
studying tree rings to determine years of drought.  According to his work,
our hemisphere has been in a wet period for the past two hundred years and
is moving back to very dry.  Ugh.  Looks like my gardening is going to
change to drought tolerant and very drought tolerant plants and maybe a
rain garden or two.