Re: slow news day/ apple aphids

Wow- you have been busy!! Sorry about the lost plants- that's hard. You mentioned drs offices- nothing serious I hope?? Glad to hear you got some writing done in the midst all off your chores.

I have a new problem in my garden- I have woolly apple aphids on my young apple tree. Never had them before!!! So, anybody know what to do about them??

Gene Bush wrote:
Where have I been and what have I been up to?
Still working each early moring before the heat builds up to the point where I can not work outside. About to complete my Azalea Walk up on the hillside. I have been trading for native azalea with a lady in NC the past two years. Almost all are now in the garden. Area is about 35 - 40 feet wide by over 85 feet long under pine trees. I am now down to about the last 20 feet. Underplanting as I go.... All last week I wrote in the afternoons. Got about 6000 words written and corrected week befoe last. All is on the way to editors of gardening mags. This past week I wrote the fall inventory for the web site and it is now being edited. That was 12 pages. Dragging the hose and sprinkler around is about to wear us both out... take turns watering the inventory in the nursery, then our gardens and individual shrubs all over the place. Have lost two now.... a silver fir and a ninebark. One new, one old. No rain in sight this week ..... Some nice photos were taken this moring at sunrise. Especially in JoAn's gardens. Foggy and dew was on the plants, while light was very soft and disfused. This week I get to paint the bathroom, utility room, bed room and office. Still have to go out and weed in the garden in the early mornings... All while runing back and forth to doctor's offices...... sitting in waiting rooms.
Sure soundls like gardeners lead busy... or at least full,  lives.  Gene

Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana