Re: slow news day/ apple aphids

Theresa,
Could you not put on a pair of gloves and pick the aphids off... if the tree is still small enough to reach? That is our first preference here.. pick the critters off first, squish them on the leaf, or failing that go for a spray. We have noticed that since we began carrying trees and shrubs in the inventory we have more strange bugs than we ever knew existed. When you get inventory in from all over the US, heaven only knows what you end up with in spite of the rules about clean stock being shipped out. We have had to call agent from the state couple of times to ID a pest so we could control it and not sell to a customer. Last year for tress and shrubs here, so will not have to deal with that one in the future. Thanks for asking... next week I have outpatient sugary. Hernia repair.. going to put in some mesh to keep me from popping out in the future. Other than that the normal old people things... cholesterol, aches and pains.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Wow- you have been busy!! Sorry about the lost plants- that's hard. You mentioned drs offices- nothing serious I hope?? Glad to hear you got some writing done in the midst all off your chores.

I have a new problem in my garden- I have woolly apple aphids on my young apple tree. Never had them before!!! So, anybody know what to do about them??

Theresa