Re: hort.net moved

Seems to working just fine. No problems, plenty fast loading, and as always interesting articles. I assume the mailing lists will be the next thing you'll switch over? Anyway, your email reminded me that my plan to donate on a regular schedule has gone more than a little awry this year- but I just did donate my share and wanted to that you again for continuing to be this lists guardian angel.

Christopher P. Lindsey wrote:
Just a heads-up that the hort.net Web site has moved to the new servers.
The mailing list is still on the old servers.

Let me now if you have any problems with the Web site, if it seems faster,

If everything seems good, the next step is to set up a photo-sharing
area on hort.net.  I've wanted to do it for ages, but we never had the
bandwidth to be able to.

For those of you who are curious, I used godaddy.com for the dedicated
Web server and slicehost.com for email.   The cost is $136/month instead
of $560/month.  I may spend an extra $6/month to download newsgroups
(yes, I still have that plan) and another $20/month to run certain critical
services somewhere other than the Web server, but that's still pretty reasonable.