Re: foxglove

In a message dated 08/14/2007 5:09:25 PM Eastern Standard Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

I think I am at the point where I need to be more selective in certain
beds.  It is difficult for me to take out some of my volunteers but know
that it must be done to have attractive beds.  I have several that I'm very
pleased with and others that are a hodgepogue that need work.

That's always true with me, but I enjoy the jungle effect.  Spent some
time this afternoon pulling out a bushel of gone-to-seed Grandpa Ott's
morning glory that had planted itself in my container garden area and
was really taking over.  I love the dark purple blooms, and have planted
it in past years, but didn't see any seed for sale this spring, so planted
another one.  Grandpa Ott came along anyway, and early this summer
looked pretty good, but I realized today that I couldn't even see where
some of the pots were, and some of my plants were being choked out,
so I took a lot of it out, and things look neater now.