Re: slow news day/ apple aphids

Ugh- I understand exactly why you have decided to ditch the trees- that is a huge amount of work. Well enjoy your mini vacation next week. Get some REALLY good chocolate and indulge : )

Theresa

Gene Bush wrote:
Thanks for the good wishes, Theresa
I am sure everything will go smoothly next week with my surgery. It is the third time I have had this kind of operation... kind of a cadence thing... left, right, left. My excuse to lay on the couch for a bit, eat a box of fine chocolates and read a good science fiction book. Back to just perennials now in the nursery with an occasional vine thrown in. Perhaps an exceptional woody once in a while in a small size to be used like a perennial. But no more trees and shrubs in 3 to 10 gallon size for sure. Trees and shrubs are exceedingly time and resources consuming and if we keep them we would have to hire someone to mostly take care of what we have... and there goes the profit margin. when we get a drought like the one we have now and someone has to be out there every day for 4 to 6 hours watering shrubs and trees... then do the rest of the inventory... then the gardens.....
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

Hey Gene- I hope your surgery is uneventful. We'll think good thoughts for you. And thanks for the hand-picking idea. Why I didn't think of that myself, who knows!! I did spray them with one of the Safer sprays, but didn't seem to do much. So, I'll go out with my gloves later this week when I get a bit of time.
So- are you just doing perennials from now on??

Theresa