Re: foxglove

Since I believe foxglove are biennial, it is my understanding that you can start the seeds now, and then the small plants will go dormant during winter and come back in spring even stronger. Plant away!

Theresa

Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:
Bonnie, I don't know what to tell you. I have never started these myself. They were here when we moved here, and just reseed.
Since the seeds are falling now, I would guess that they should
be started now, but I don't see seedlings coming up in the fall.
Maybe, just put them out in a protected place and mark the spot
to look for them next spring.  They probably won't bloom the first
year, but they will come back pretty dependably after that.
I hope you aren't disappointed with these - they don't really
look like the ordinary foxgloves.  I love them, but they aren't
really showy.
Good luck with them.
Auralie