RE: Hot and dark

I'm so sorry. :-) I will remind myself things can always be worse.
I was alarmed because this morning he started talking about the dry
garden. I said, I don't understand, I was just looking at it the other
day and there's a few weeds but it isn't bad. And he says, It's starting
to look overgrown.  Those are NATIVE plants, I say, we don't trim them
into little squares or balls or whatever you're thinking so just DON'T
TOUCH it. And he mumbles under his breath okay, okay but you know, I
worry. It was one thing when I did all the work but when he gets
involved...I think his ideal must be a square lawn with a tree in the
middle and a couple of bushes under the windows. Who knew, after all
these years.
And the WORST part is, we occasionally get weedy trees and such popping
up, and he always wants to keep them! The pampas grass that was in front
of a bedroom window, obviously a seedling from across the street, took
me 12 years to convince him that shouldn't be there and finally we cut
it out and he says "Oh. That does look better.". The black locust
seedling in front of the office window. Too big, I say, I'm gonna yank
it, and he howls in protest because one day it will have nice flowers.
Well, I left it, and it does have nice flowers, it's about 10 feet tall
and knocking down the little retaining wall. "Oh." he says. "I guess you
need to take that out". And the pine tree seedlings. And, and, well you
get the idea.

Cyndi