From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 6:45 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Hot and dark

Before my surgery I just didn't have the energy to spend outside in my
gardens, the anemia was SO bad. So, really, for the last 2-3 years my
gardens have been going downhill. This spring I had planned to get them
all cleaned up but with the rain/flooding we had, it never happened. I
just want to doze them all down and have a landscape crew come in here
and make them look tidy, and I can add color and annual flowers if I
want. Gardens should be a joy to look at, and inviting. Mine make we
want to scream and run.

Zemuly Sanders <zemuly@comcast.net> wrote:
  That doesn't sound hideous at all. In fact I was thinking the same
thing this afternoon. It is so hot and dry it hurts to breathe. I don't
remember when we had the last rain, and the real temp has been over 100
for days.
Everything in my yard is stressed to the max, even the Lespedeza
thunbergii, and I don't know how I can keep everything watered. This is
getting depressing!
zem
zone 7
West TN