Re: weather

Weird weather all over.  Drought and heat in some areas, too much rain in
others.  I shouldn't complain - we have had very little real heat this summer
-
only a few days over 90 degrees, and though it has been pretty dry, we have
had just enough rain to keep things alive.  Hovever, what we are having today
is depressing. Does overcast skies - no rain, just overcast - with 65 degrees
at nearly noon sound like a typical middle-of-August dog days day?  We
have had cool nights - low 50s for a week now, and daytime temps in the
low 70s most days.  Things in my vegetable garden are just not growing.
The latest crop of beans have lots of little ones, but just aren't getting
biig.
The Kentucky Wonders on the fence that are usually my most reliable
mid-to-late season beans aren't even blooming, though they have reached
the top of the 8-foot fence.  Tomatoes are not settting fruit - too cool
nights, I guess.  Anyway, all this seems very strange, but my son
assures me that it's all due to global warming.
Auralie