Re: weather

virtually non stop rain here for the past 2 days. It is pouring now. Flash flood warnings. More rain predicted the next few days. I hope it lets up before Friday. I have to set up both the MG and my own plant sales for Saturday.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 10:24 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] weather

It is odd weather this year, Auralie, though I'm sure it's not entirely the fault of global warming. Our temperatures seem about right--high 70s at night, low 90s during the day with heat indexes around 105. It's the lack of any significant rain that seems atypical. 5 minute thunder showers don't quite do it. It's time for us to plant our fall-winter gardens--tomatoes, peppers, collards, eggplants, beets, carrots--but without the rain, I'm reluctant to do it, although I will start tomato and pepper seeds for transplanting in the irrigated lathhouse, probably tomorrow.