Re: bird id

Cafe du Monde - now that brings back some memories. I spent a lot of
time there when I lived in New Orleans...the coffee and beignets are to
die for....mmm, mmm, mmm. And all the weird "people of the night" show
up after 11:00 p.m.

  In an entirely different context, Ms Fatma and I were whining recently
about how much we missed the crab cakes at Faidely's Seafood
[http://www.faidleyscrabcakes.com/] in Baltimore's Lexington Market.
When we lived in WDC and environs we journeyed to Baltimore every so
often to shop at Lexington Market in general, but Faidely's especially.
It's difficult to describe the place and do it justice--it's an old
fashioned fish market with a beer and raw bar. In the early AM, the
beer and raw bar is crowded with revelers eating raw oysters and clams
and more-or-less sobering up, and with ladies of the night grabbing a
repast before going to whatever constitutes home. It has always
reminded me of the Cafe du Monde I discovered as a lad in NOLa in the
50s. Anyway, at about 8AM every morning the ladies arrive to fire up
the kitchen and make, among other Baltimore signature dishes, crab
cakes. One-half pound of lump backfin blue crab meat, mayonnaise, bread
crumbs, spices and who knows what else. One of the crab cakes probably
has enough cholesterol to cause your whole circulatory system to
instantly seize up--but it's worth it; they really are to die for.

Anyway, shortly after we had waxed poetic about Faidely's, the
conversation turned to the hermit crab, and one of us called it
"crabcake." We laughed and decided that was a good name for it.

Long story for a short answer.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W