Re: Gotta brag

Yes, you did do pretty good, and you should be proud as well as happy.

On Aug 25, 2007, at 3:01 PM, Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT wrote:

We went to the fair opening night to see all my entries. I'm pretty
pleased, out of 14 total items entered I got eight first place, two
second, two third, and two nothings. And one of the first place, my rose
jelly, also got the best of division award. Woo-hoo!

But we did think the total number of entrants in all the craft
categories, including the garden areas, was quite a bit lower than in
the past. I suspect it is a combination of the change in the way the
fair displays them along with a shift in people's hobbies - if you spend all day playing video games or surfing the web, you're not making stuff.
Ah well.

But I did pretty good this year, I'm happy.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10