Re: hum....

Nice weather here, but still too dry.  Not as hot as predicted - only about
78. I'd love to be out gardening, but of course this is the week I have an
indexing job, so can't play.
  I was just out having a mild argument with Chet.  When the tree fell, it
took out the big old mountain laurel bushes beside the front stoop.  I
have been trying to decide what to put there, but Chet says he likes it
better with nothing - he likes the looks of the bare doorway.  I think it
looks much too stark - needs something leafy to soften it.  He said "How
can we compromise."  I said "By buying me a nice shrub to go there."
Jim, I've been meaning to tell you that the scarlet beans are really a
delight.  I have planted them in containers with Silver King Artemisia,
white caladiums, and white impatiens.  They provide just the right touch
of color.  They were also the hit of the "edible flower" workshop and
luncheon my club put on - really brighten up a salad. Thanks.  But
why, so far, have they not made any beans?  The blossoms just drop
off without making beans.  I had hoped to save seeds for next year.
In a message dated 08/28/2007 4:01:41 PM Eastern Standard Time,