From: Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Thursday, August
30, 2007 9:58:34 AM
Subject: [CHAT] OMG - it's weather!

Look, up in the sky
- too big for a bird, can't be a plane - no, they
are clouds! Clouds by golly
and what is that bright light? Lightning!
And thunder! And - wait for it -
RAIN! Okay so maybe it's only a tenth
of an inch but there was definitely
water falling from the sky, I can
see puddles. Didn't rain on me of course, I
think when you want it bad
enough it goes somewhere else. But we must have
followed it all the way
into work.
It is still pretty warm though and
yesterday was just seriously hot. I
got into the car after my lunchtime yoga
class and I was really thirsty,
decided to have a drink from the bottle of
water I'd left in the car. I
knew it would be pretty warm water but I actually
scalded myself a
little. Wow. We took the horses to our team penning lesson at
7:00 and
we were all out there sweating like horses, and not much better at
when we got home. I don't know how you folks in humid climates can do
I am looking forward to 5 days at home starting tomorrow, although
it is
supposed to be hot like this so I don't know how much gardening I'll get
done, but if I can't stand to be out there is still plenty to do inside.
new range will show up Tuesday. Husband has the entire next week off
work and
I'm steadily increasing the length of his honey-do list,
although it's more of
a suggestion list in truth.
Our local paper had an article about the woman who
has won the most
points in the fair's garden competition for the last five
years. She
entered something like 82 categories!! I was consumed with
jealousy. Of
course if I were retired like her I could probably do that too
aside the fact we now have other things to eat up our free time when
we're retired) but, but, I can't help it, I'm jealous.

message text