From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:54 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OMG - it's weather!

Kyla was an Anatolian Shepherd and she was GREAT. But, somehow she got
out of the yard and was hit on the highway in front of our house. I was
devastated. So one of these gourds will be decorated in her memory.
She died about the same time Sugar (Pam's cat) died. I just loved that
dog. *sighhhhhh* So, I adopted a 3 year old male Welsh (Pembroke)
Corgi. He is awesome. I think from now on, that is the only breed of
dog I will ever have.

james singer wrote:
2007 has been the Year of the Pepper for me, Jesse. No gourds... but
in retrospect, I wish I'd grown some luffa. The last I grew those was
about 8-9 years ago and I peeled my last dried "sponge" a week ago.
Might also be a good test of seed viability after all this time.

Kyla sounds like my kind of dog or, I should say, the kind of dog I've
always had when I've had them. Which may be why I don't have dogs any
more [just kidding].