Re: I got a leafblower!

My housemate's favorite gift on her 60th birthday was new Stihl chain  sawing
headgear..so yes..we understand! Kathy

In a message dated 8/4/2008 9:54:24 A.M. Central Standard Time,
cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil writes:

Okay so  it's not that much to get excited about, but I am. Husband
bought me an  electric leafblower for my birthday and I tried it out
right away. I should  have gotten one years ago! It did a much better job
getting the dirt off  the patio than sweeping or water, I even got all
the debris that piles up  between the potted plants. Of course, in the
winter there will be oodles of  leaves, but I can blow those onto the
lawn and then mow them  up.   I didn't try using it as a vacuum/shredder,
which it claims  it can do...I doubt it, since we had an electric leaf
shredder once and it  didn't work worth a darn, but we'll see. What it
doesn't do as well is get  dirt that's been kind of glued down by water,
like under the dog's water  bowl.  But all in all, I'm very pleased. It
isn't very noisy and being  electric there's no exhaust pollution.
My co-workers will think I'm some  deprived person, I didn't get jewelry
or fancy clothes for my birthday, I  got a leafblower... but I knew you
guys would  understand!

Cyndi

Read reviews on AOL Autos.