Re: Bye Bye Garden..

Hey Sue-
Why don't you dig up your roses and pot them. They'll like quite a while in a pot, certainly long enough for you to find a new place....
Sorry this happened- that is just lousy.

Sue Walsh wrote:
We got a very unpleasant surprise today. To backtrack a bit, our landlord sold our house (two family brownstone) to his son, who moved in downstairs. We knew him and all so it didn't seem like a big deal. That is until he told us today we are no longer allowed any use of the front or backyard. Our grill, patio set, and all our outdoor plants have to go. To quote him ("It's MY house, and MY yard. You just rent the second floor." ). We're unhappy to say the least. The grill and patio set are new and since we have to get rid of them that's $300 down the drain. The plants (including three rose bushes) probably cost me a hundred or so at least. Now the previous landlord (his father) had no problem with any of it, and this one has been around since April and just now decided to tell us. He said it "slipped his mind". Right. He saw me planting, saw the grill and table set up, and never said a word. We're not dirty, messy people. When we moved in the front yard was bare and pretty ugly, and we're always complimented on how nice we kept things, inside and out.

Needless to say we are looking for a new place to live. Thank goodness we are in a position to do so. We refuse to be treated like second class citizens and made to feel unwelcome in our own home. Fine, he's the landlord, but our rent helps pay the mortgage and frankly after 5 years of paying rent on time and being in their words "perfect tenants" we deserve better treatment.

I know things could be worse but boy are we pissed. All that money wasted!

Sue (Zone 7)