Re: Bye Bye Garden..

Our downstairs neighbor was evicted. Even if the new landlord hadn't wanted to move in she probably would be as the previous landlord (they are father and son) was fed up with her. First she got a dog even though she was told dogs aren't allowed, only cats, fish, and small animals. Then she let it crap all over the place. Finally, ever see those news stories about hoarders that have homes filled with trash and junk? Her place was like that....couldn't see the floor and stuff was piled up to the ceiling. It was terrible!

We don't have a lease...the previous landlord refused to give us one after our original was up. He loved us and said there was no need for paperwork. Once he sold this place to his son the son said if we wanted a lease that was fine but it was up to us. I think we'll stay lease free so we can leave as soon as we're ready.

Sue

From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:55 AM
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bye Bye Garden..

First, I'll say, that's a shame, and pretty rude on his part. Now onto "What do we do?"

How much time is left on your lease? Start looking before your time is up. It is his prerogative to reclaim the yards as he did the downstairs apt. (what happened to those previous tenants? - could that have been a heads-up that you missed?) $300 for a grill and patio set means that none of it is so large that you can't store it inside your apt for a short time or sell it; it's not money down the drain.