Re: Hail Storm

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Hail Storm
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 17:04:50 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=j/vVjlRn9pGQSKtZmgRKvd42CcEjDPJJxLjlACkToQU=; b=ArJOLQ1JSSgVUpqyrYRSE33Tth/WuIaX+DTmUl6DIPSgM+hMNaK3NdU9iJ+NrkEj22 tWJkNPm6lKWVdH3vI+gKgB2zCCD0ga6qW+x3UxJQb+T1+yF6f9bGi1hAadvqhOVniTBX WD6fhsj29GcNHegfXadCtOJcSk4G7Fp8tdC3k=

Merciful heavens - that's horrible!   That's some pretty big hail too.   I
hope the house wasn't too badly damaged.  Is there any way you can rake it
up?   Might be too wet for a blower/vacuum I'm thinking.  If you need any
replacement cannas, I can send some next month (too hot to do it now, they'd
cook before they got there).

On 8/12/08, Chris Petersen <chris@widom-assoc.com> wrote:
> We experienced an horrific hail and thunderstorm yesterday at about 11:45
> AM.  It lasted about 15 minutes or so, but pretty much flattened the
> garden!
> There was still some ice on my deck this morning!  The yard is buried in
> leaves an debris. My container gardens are in ruins and most flowers were
> broken or blown off the plants! The grass looks like someone rolled over it
> with a soil compressor. I don t know how I m going to clean it all up!  I m
> thinking of getting a leaf blower/ vacuum combo.
> I m not sure that this link will work, but maybe:
> share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AauGzZo2aNmLzg.
> Chris Petersen
> Northport, Long Island, New York
> Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)
> chris@widom-assoc.com