From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 10:08 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Mystery

Something clipped the last two romaine lettuces and the new bok choy.
Some of the bok choy was actually clipped off then not eaten. I've no
idea who or what the culprit might be. No signs of scat; no slime
trail. There are, in the same raised bed with the romaine, ripe
tomatoes and near-ripe squashes that were not touched--just the leafy
greens.

Headed to triple digits today so we've been watering since before sun
up. Forecast to reach 103 today and 104 tomorrow. Got to 99 yesterday.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W
Elevation 148'