I would love to do either of your ideas, but our executive director is not
allowing anything on the walls, hanging, or alive. She wants no clutter!
The room is painted a buttery yellow and has lots of warm wood and colorful
furnishings and carpet of a soft teal color.  There is a half round bay of
windows with benches under it and a sky light in the center of the room.
Most of the funds were donated by various politicians and I think that my
boss is trying to keep it as pristine as possible! I'm going to have to be
creative about putting my ideas in place.  I've already heard that my small
decorative fish tank is not welcome.  Gosh, I can't even put a "welcome"
sign on the door.  I plan on lobbying for that one!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)
My garden: http://www.chrispnpt.shutterfly.com