Re: White Bird of Paradise

Very good advice Noreen and Jim-THANKS!!!!!!!!!

----- Original Message ----- From: <TeichFauna@aol.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2008 1:28 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] White Bird of Paradise

I have a couple that I've left in pots, they have never bloomed, but in the
ground they tend to bloom freely. I have found here too, that they tend to do better in sun than in filtered light, or only part day sun. They tend to lean toward the sun as they get larger. In more sun they have a more full growth than in partial sun....where they tend to get long a very long trunk.
Also consitant watering helps too,  although they like well drained soil,
they tend to do better with consistant watererings rather than lengthy drought
periods.

Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast/ West Houston

In a message dated 8/21/2008 6:44:35 PM Central Daylight Time,