Re: Pam - Purple Prince (?) Zinnias

Really Tricia?  Most of my zinnias reseed to a small degree....they don't
just go "nuts" on me, but I always have some come back.  I have some that
pop up in the cracks of the cement on my back porch and I gently pull them
up after a rain and transplant them in the garden.  But usually, I scatter
zinnia seeds in the spring, and then again in the middle of summer because
powdery mildew gets to the first ones and they look horrible.  So by the
time I pull them up, the second crop is about to bloom.

I will say this...before I pull up the unsightly ones...I cut the seed heads
or dead flowers off and toss them in my garden.  They end up getting mulched
over during the summer and that's probably why mine reseed......plus, I'm
sure the birds help with that too.

--
Jesse R. Bell