Re: Alternanthera 'Red Threads'

It's treated as an annual here, and used extensively in containers.
zem
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 3:37 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Alternanthera 'Red Threads'

I bought this quite small plant at a spring plant sale because it
looked interesting.  It has filled a 12" pot and is quite handsome,
making quite a showing among my Artemisia 'Powis Castle' ,
white and red caladiums and pineapple sage in my container
garden in the breezeway.  But now that summer is ending, what
do I do with it?  The plant label only says sun or part shade =
doesn't give any other information.  Is it an annual? or hardy?
I don't know that I have space for it as a houseplant - I'm trying
to cut back a bit there already. It's not listed in my Taylor's
Encyclopedia of Garden Plants.
Auralie

deal here.