what's everyone ordering/planting for Fall?

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: what's everyone ordering/planting for Fall?
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:28:10 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=30rruvK4/yXmjB0U/PU+zyx0ZsgJ+lt7c5K86mxgoUM=; b=hhVrT/V8ppu/qmUD8JFfIp2w6IqX12/ndqxSy5KNqlAxCqJ5OjzgpXvNhivXiw4IWK YofsKTTbAOyNyA1B6F4a2nZzANgKxkx9iKJ7qnvmeHZkfIKqqf/mGTpWkOGAvZm4ySLM 3SzOoi1SHg02uvBE/TAg9xy5gsPux45MhcfR8=

Just placed my High Country Gardens order for the fall.  Everything that
summer/drought killed is getting replaced w/ a salvia (Wild Thing, Ultra
Violet or West TX Cobalt) and replacing a couple lavenders (England) and one
artemisia (Powis Castle).  Thank God for salvias, my yard would be a sorry
looking place w/out them.  I guess they don't carry the germander sage any
more.  Too bad, I have 3 that have done beautifully when most things in pots
just up and croak. And the hummers & bumble bees just love them, but they
like all the salvias, so they're less picky than I am.

Anyone else planting anything interesting this fall??

--
Pam Evans
Kemp TX