  • Subject: score
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2009 10:17:02 -0500

I was leisurely reading my Sunday morning ads, when...there it was....Meijer, a regional medium-sized box-type store just a couple miles away, had this little entry on their lawn & garden page at the back of the back to school circular. Clearance: $1 each, all remaining bags of cow manure, top soil, potting soil, or 2.2cu ft CANADIAN PEAT. I could understand the first 3, but the sphagnum? I jumped in the car. I talked to the employee who was putting up signs. She said it had to be another size because the price on this was $7.69 each (I'd been buying it at Menards for $5.44). I showed her the ad, she checked, and sure enough. There were 11 on the skid and I took 'em all. Asked if there were more. No.

neIN, Zone 5