RE: gadgets/now hydrangea cuttings

  • Subject: RE: gadgets/now hydrangea cuttings
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 06:37:00 -0400

Yes, I do the cuttings, dip them in rooting hormone, put them in small (3-4
inch) pots in potting mix, water them in, and then set them in a saucer of
water in the shade. I usually do 2-3 cuttings per pot. I've moved mine out
into a little more sun now, but they've been in their pots for about a month
and the preziosa still hasn't rooted so I'm trying to give it a little more
light. I had four of those cuttings but the skinny ones didn't make it. Same
with the variegated I'm doing. Only two made it, and they were the thicker
cuttings.