Re: just checking

I am not afraid of doing some work.  I love old recipes that use natural
ingredients vs buying stuff off the grocery shelf with a zillion things added
that you don't need in your system...
Years back when all I ate was stuff raised/grown on the family farm, I was
very healthy, never even got colds....
When I was a child, my grandmother used to make nine-day pickles.
Three days in lime water, three days in brine, and three days in a
vinegar-mustard seed solution, then packed in jars, the vinegar
brought to a boil and poured over them before sealing.  That's
probably a lot more trouble than you are interested in.