RE: OT - Plantar Fasciitis

  • Subject: RE: OT - Plantar Fasciitis
  • From: "andreah" <andreah@hargray.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 06:55:20 -0400

Kitty-I've had this before, and now have it again due to wearing flip-flops
most of the time. The best thing I found was wearing tennis shoes and socks
with good arch support as much as possible, stretching, and then what really
got rid of it was me sitting on my bed, floor, whatever, while I watched TV
and massaging my feet (really hard) particularly in the heel. I'd dig my
thumbs in and hold it- seems to release something in there that's tight. It
hurts to be sure, but it went away. I've got it again now because I've been
wearing no arch support all summer so I went back to shoes that aren't flat
and have better arch support. It's definitely helping.